Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What I am listening to right now...

I just finished watching "Diverted" on CBC. This is a movie based on the story of Gander, Newfoundland on September 11th, 2001. As most people know, I have a very, very special place in my heart for Newfoundland (I miss you Nicole!!!) so the fact that this movie was mostly filmed there made me like it already.

So, the story goes that when the airspace over the US was closed after the terrorist attacks on September 11th, the planes that were already in the air were diverted to other airports. Of those planes, 39 arrived in Gander, Newfoundland. Over 6,000 people were on those planes. For 4 days the populations of Gander nearly doubled. It is a touching story and a wonderful movie. I was shocked. No offense to Canadian CBC movies, but even I hated the newest "Booky" movie, but no need to stray off topic....

In this wonderful movie there was a band featured called "Hey Rosetta" and I now love them!!! I am now listening to "A thousand suns" and I think you all should be too!!!

Happy Tuesday.

No comments: