Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hooked...

Summer is great. It is my absolute favourite season, bikinis and all. I love sitting outside, covered in SPF 400 of course, having a drink, reading a book or just being lazy. The days seem longer so I feel like I have time to relax because I have a lot more hours of daylight.

My only complaint about summer? TV shows....

I will admit to being a die-hard North American is this regard...I likes me some TV. Two years ago my parents bought C and I a PVR for Christmas. Ever since then my television watching has gone up, but since I can fast forward through the ads, the actual time in front of that wonderful, colourful box has actually gone down. Secret shows I watch? I will admit it, not that I am actually ashamed anymore, Young and the Restless is my all-time favourite program. C and I scream at the television every night while we watch all the idiots in Genoa City mess up their lives. I also have a Law & Order obsession....I am pretty positive I have seen every episode of every creation of L&O at least once. I am loving the new Law&Order UK these days....reminds me of our London trip last month.

But, summer programs suck, although, I guess I understand that television shows need to take a hiatus. Most of us in Canada aren't as glued to a tv sets in the summer when it is warm outside and we all seem to end up on patios with a drink in hand but anytime a show is premiered in the summer, it always ends up being discussed at my office. We are all mourning the season's ends to our favourite programs so we seems to latch on to anything that is not a rerun.

I caught an episode of Suburbia last night. I love Bob Saget and the show has so much potential. The dialogue was really funny but, for some reason, the cast was delivering lines like jokes and not like dialogue. It didn't feel like many of them were actually conversing with each other. It felt like they were pausing after their lines for the canned laughter.....this is all I have to look forward to this summer?

With only two months until the premieres I guess my best bet is to turn off the tv and get outside like everyone else.

Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Give Tori & Dean on Oxygen a try! It's awesome. Kind of like the anti-reality show. Very sweet.

Emily said...

This is your second Tori and Dean comment. Do we need an intervention? Oxygen doesn't exist in Canada...or at least I don't get it. Thank the tv gods for all your cool channels.

Katie said...

Smashcut to us in Disney watching "Tori & Dean"guinalsh at the hotel.

Katie said...

Ignore the word "guinalsh" -- that was the pesky word verification word and it got oddly displaced.