Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In other news....

I am officially a nanny. In two weeks I will be caring for a month old infant and a toddler. Scary, yes? How did I go from the girl who cringed at children to the one who wants to care for them? If anyone says something about my biological clock I swear I will hunt you down....

In other news, C and I have just made our living room into a Moroccan theme. The funny thing about this is that our dining room was supposed to be Moroccan themed. We then realized we NEVER go into our dining room. There are two of us living here. To be honest we usually sit in front of the TV and eat out meals. The theme is a work in progress so I guess we will see how it works out....a good excuse to drink mint tea? Who knows, next week it could be back to green and pink. My styling is tres schizophrenic sometimes....

Tomorrow "new girl" starts at work and I am thrilled. K and I are buying croissants and lattes to celebrate. We are going to sweeten her up (or butter her...croissant...get it?) so hopefully she will like us forever.

Alright, enough blabbing...must find a new book to read. I just finished "Paris Enigma" by Pablo De Santis and LOVED it. C bought it while we were in London. Highly recommend to mystery lovers, or Paris lovers, or history lovers. Or book lovers I guess. Pick it up, you'll love it.

I also read the new Marian Keyes book "This Charming Man" and liked it too. A few years back I became OBSESSED with Marian Keyes. I read every book she wrote....and then...well, the only way I can describe what happened is becoming allergic to her writing style. When I started to read one of her books my mouth went dry and I felt slightly nauseous. I had overdosed on the lovely Irish author. This is the first I have picked up since and it was fab. Intelligent chick lit.

The third book I finished this month is "Obsession, deceit and really dark chocolate" which is one in a series of mystery novels by Kyra Davis. This is another author I love, but that tends to give me the dry mouth thingy. I overindulge on authors. It is completely my fault. These books have clever, clever titles and I love the heroine. I just read another new one has come out so I guess I will be picking that one up to...

Does anyone have a book recommendation? Nothing too heavy, it is summer after all. Message me if you do.

Happy Wednesday!!!

1 comment:

Haely Bop said...

Woah, you are becoming a nanny! I'm really glad I'm seeing you tonight becuase we gotta catch up, girl! And i will take your book list to heart. I'm looking for some reads for the summer. I finished My Sisters Keeper a while back, and wow, did I bawl! See you tonight!