Sunday, May 10, 2009

This week...

So I will be flying away to Jamaica this Thursday with work...*sigh*...I have been slowly packing all week and picking up things I need for the trip like sunscreen, tanktops..etc. I am VERY excited because I have never been to an all inclusive resort and the idea of free food and booze all days sounds incredibly appealing.



I have also been working out like a mad woman since bikini season is coming a little earlier than I would have liked it to arrive. C and I went for a 5km run on Friday and I have pulled out all my wonderful SELF magazines in search of new workouts to try. It's actually been a lot of fun and my body is loving being worked out. I plan on bringing y gym stuff to Jamaica to try and get in a few runs or some weights but I guess we'll have to see if I actually follow through.



Yesterday I took my mom to the King Edward hotel for Afternoon Tea. We had such a great time and I would highly recommend it to anyone who likes going for tea. We arrived for our 4pm reservation and they sat us right away. The waiter came by and asked if we had ever had tea there before and when we answered no he went to retrieve his humidor so we could sniff the teas. This impressed me because I am never quite sure how I feel about overly floral teas. I settled on the King's Blend which had an incredible floral scent but tasted more like a regular black tea. The three-tiered tray of food was amazing. The scones were moist and there was enough Devonshire cream for us to load on lots of the four scones we were given. The sandwiches were very creative and delicious and the sweets on top were the perfect end to the meal. I honestly have no complaints for the entire event. The room was royal looking and we were given the perfect amount of attention from our waiter.



This afternoon we are continuing the Mother's Day events with C's parents and my parents. A BBQ ending with a Strawberry tart I made this morning. I have never made it before but the recipe is here if anyone wants it. I will let you know how it tastes later on but it looks gorgeous!!!



Also, I got a few requests for a new haircut photo so here it is.....

Happy Sunday!