Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reality mess....

This week there has been a huge mess airing out about Jon & Kate +8. Apparently Jon was cheating. Now it seems Kate is cheating. Why do we care about this mess? We care because they chose to have their family filmed and shown on TV. What did they think would happen?

I saw this show for the first time while I was in Boston and it sorta made me sick. The idea that these kids will grow up with cameras always filming them and thinking this is a normal thing to happen. I guess having six babies at once is also not normal. Anyhow, the parents are basically whoring out their creepy kids (sorry J&K fans but identical twins freak me out enough...now throw in six others....a huge nightmare for me) but these parents expect us all to just watch the show and not to have people find a fascination with their family? Please. I know of quite a few people who are addicted to this show and just think the kids are so darn cute. This is their audience....and they want more....they want to see the parents not be saints because this will make everyone feel better about their own crappy lives.

So, who told Jon and Kate this would be a good idea? Did they not look at the track records of the other reality tv families? Remember Jess and Nick? The Osbournes had a few members go to rehab. Carmen Electra had a reality show and how did that end up? The list really just goes on and on. Does anyone know of a recent reality couple that HASN'T broken up?

So to Jon and Kate: Get over yourselves. You ARE celebrities, don't try to con us. The appropriate place to discuss your marital problems is not on TV with Meredith Viera. Turn off the cameras and move to another town if you want peace and quiet.

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

cher said...

These guys make $75,000/episode and get loads of free stuff. She got a free tummy tuck, he got free hair transplants.

Ok, so the kids are beyond cute and I've watched the show from time to time but ...

... exploiting your children ...

I don't know. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Katie M. said...

Tori & Dean!

Emily said...

I give them a year...or one more kid. Whatever comes first.