Thursday, March 11, 2010

Macarons=heaven


I am not a macaron expert. Until two months ago they never even registered on my radar but NOW I feel I might die if I do not try every flavour. I am talking about French macarons. You know what I am talking about...those colourful little sandwich type pastries you always see in montages of Parisian food shows? Pastel colours...

Well, I saw them in pictures too but I always assumed they would be dry and crunchy and flavourless. I am not sure why I made that assumption because I was dead wrong. My favourite blog Domestic Sluttery has an obsession with them. They seem to be constantly posting new spots to try them around London and you can almost hear them drooling as they were typing up their new reviews. When I had read the fourth review I thought to myself "Self, if these bloggers who I feel have amazing taste in most everything love these macarons what am I waiting for?" and that signalled the beginning of my love affair.

I picked up my macarons today at a place called Nadedge in Toronto which is right across from Trinity Bellwoods park on Queen street W. Like I said, I am not a proper connoisseur by any means but what I do know is I gave away four macarons to four different people and every single one of these people gave me impressions of utter joy as they sunk their teeth into their little taste of heaven.

So what is a French macaron? It is a sandwich cookie of meringue that is filled with either icing, ganache or a fruity jelly. Please try one if you see them. You can thank me later.

Happy Thursday!

No comments: