Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back again all over again....

So, in search of the name of a lip gloss, I just spent the last hour reading over this old blog. It actually got me pretty emotional. I remember all those daily ramblings so vividly and I am a little confused why I gave up writing....

I guess the main reason I stopped was because I became a nanny and found a lot of the day to day stuff I was now experiencing was not very interesting to outsiders. Would anyone care if little A or little G slept through the dog barking? Or that they started to say my name and it warmed my heart up so much it nearly burst?

So now I am a year into a completely new journey. We moved out of our beloved neighbourhood and are in the suburbs. I don't get outside as much as I did before and I never spend any time just going for a walk downtown. This makes me sad. I miss the old hood and wish I was still living there, although I love my condo.

So what is this inspiring me to do? Get out more. See more friends. All my knitting friends have now moved to different towns and we have to make plans months in advance. My job as a flight attendant means I am getting up super early, and often ending my day in another city. When I'm at home I just want to veg out on the couch in front of Netflix.

But this is now who I am, yet it's who I have let myself become. I no longer yearn for the workouts I used to do. I never see my friends. I'm tired all the time. I don't get outside because I am too lazy and have no one to meet. But I miss my old life and I promise to take it back.

Anyone with me? Anyone want to take back their better habit days?

Happy Wednesday!

p.s.
The lipgloss was Rimmel Kiss Off colour First time, and it's still available on amazon :)

1 comment:

Juliebee said...

Hi! I can totally relate! I fell into the same problem last month. I find it usually happens in January.
I think the easiest way out of it is small changes. Make plans to walk/workout at least 2 or 3 times a week. Then slowly bump it up a bit. I've started walking an hour a day at lunch and I'm finding it's pulling me out of my rut. Exercise always makes you feel better! I also forgot how nice it can be outside in the winter!
Sorry to hear you're feeling a little down.. but you can get right back into your good habits.
Yell at me if you need a little support. :)