Friday, April 24, 2009

Marine Biology....


So the DJ on the radio just told me that Kelly Clarkson wanted to be a marine biologist until she saw Jaws. This reminded me of when I was in elementary school and most of the kids wanted to be marine biologists. I am not kidding. I would estimate 50% of my grade 8 class listed that profession as their dream. I grew up in Brampton, Ontario. The closest ocean is in Boston. Why did all these kids want to work in oceans? My only dream was to get the hell out of Brampton.

So, the big question? I wonder if any of my former classmates actually succeeded in their marine pursuits....or did they, too, watch Jaws and give up?

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

Sassy said...

hahaha..I knew a handful of people who wanted to be Marine biologists too, but not sure if anyone did become one!
I think most people had the same goal to get the hell out of Brampton...and yet only a few did!

cheryl said...

Who wanted to be a marine biologist??

Um.. I shared your dream.

Here's to getting out of Brampton!

Christopher said...

There's nothing wrong with Brampton, you ungrateful brats.

Emily said...

Says the guy living in another country....